|Delivery time:||Should arrive within 3 weeks|
Lighter than the Torpedo Studio and beautifully designed, the Torpedo Live is a digital loadbox perfectly fit to be used on stage. Torpedo Live features include 100W RMS admissible power, digital simulation of 32 cabinets, 8 power amplifiers and 8 mics, powerful semi-parametric EQ, sampling frequency of 96kHz, USB connector, and fully controllable via MIDI.
Exclusive Torpedo technology
Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution, accurately reproducing the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behaviour (such as its frequency response). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
Loadbox with adjustable impedance
Use your amplifier without speaker cabinet thanks to the loadbox of the Torpedo Studio. Its reactive impedance of 8 Ohms faithfully imitates a speaker, allowing the amp to work exactly as if it was connected to a speaker cabinet.
Power Amp simulation
The Torpedo Live also works with preamplifiers or other instruments with a line output (eg. synths). To best process these types of signals, the Torpedo Live embeds Two Notes' exclusive tube power amp simulation. Select a type of amplifier and its characteristics, a tube model, and make your preamp sing as it deserves !
When recoding guitars and basses it is common to apply a few effects to shape the sound before it is sent to the PA or recorder. The Torpedo Live comes with a powerful semi-parametric EQ, and a superb reverb.
In the Box:
(1) Torpedo Live unit in a protective sleeve
(1) Mains power cable
(1) USB cable
• Jack 6.35 mm (1/4) unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
• Maximum input voltage: 280 V AC (51 dBu)
• Security load: 220 Ohms / 10 Watts
• Jack 6.35mm (1/4) balanced (TRS, Tip/Ring/Sleeve)
• Maximum input level: 36 dBu Input
• Impedance: 10 KOhms
• Reactive Load, nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
• Maximum admissible power: 100W (assuming proper ventilation) (see this article if your amplifier is more powerful)
• Cooled by temperature-controlled fan
• High Impedance mode if a cabinet is connected to the THRU output (loadbox is disconnected).
Speaker Thru: Jack 6.35mm (1/4") unbalanced (TS)
Jack 6.35mm (1/4") balanced (TRS)
Impedance: 470 Ohms
Maximum output level:
• (no load, balanced): 16.5 dBu
• (10k Ohms load, balanced): 16 dBu
• (no load, unbalanced): 11 dBu
• (10k Ohms load, unbalanced): 10.5 dBu
Headphones Output: MONO out, Jack 6.35mm (1/4") balanced (TRS)
• Sampling frequency: 48 or 96 kHz
• Master only, no external synchronization
• Possibility to send Dry and/or Wet signal
• Gain controlled by analogue potentiometer, -inf to 0dB
• Minimal full-scale input level: -2.8 dBu (Line Input)
• Sampling frequency: 96 KHz
• Resolution: 24 bits
• Signal to noise ratio: 100 dB
• Sampling frequency: 96 kHz
• Resolution: 24 bits
• Noise level: -105 db
Frequency response (-1db): 5 Hz - 19 kHz
Latency: 1.7 ms (Line Input to Line Output)
• Temperature-controlled fan
• At 100C, a visual warning is displayed and -12 dB attenuation is applied on the signal
• At 110C, the loadbox is disconnected, the amplifier sees a 220 Ohms security load, and signal is muted.
• IEC type C14 power connector
• Input voltage: 85-264 V AC, 47-63 Hz
• Power consumption: approx. 10 W
Width: 430mm, 483mm including rack-mounting edges
Depth: 163mm, 182mm including connectors and knobs
Weight: 2 kg